Tuesday, April 1, 2008

4-1-08 American Idol

I must say that I did enjoy the songs from Dolly Pardon night.  She just seems so personable and has done so many good things and written so many great songs, it's always fun watching her.  As far as the competitor, my vote went to Michael Johns, the last performer of the evening.  I just really enjoyed his performance and thought he really showed his skill and talent level.  Of course,  also like David Cook and Carly's performance as well.  I always feel sorry for the person that has to go first and unfortunately tonight it was Brooke's turn.  I did think she did a good job and I felt she and the other musicians meshed well together, unlike Simon.  I think, hopefully, she's popular enough it won't be an issue and "Jolene" is always a great song to hear.  I also thought Kristy Cook did a great job on her song as well and she looked very nice.  This genre was right up her alley as Randy had mentioned.  As far as those I think that are at risk for departure would be Ramielle (weird song choice) and possibly even Syesha.  If I were to pick it would be Ramiele's turn to leave.  I just think she acts young, which of course she is but she doesn't have the maturity that David Archeleta has.  Oh yeah, I had a feeling that Simon would not like Jason Castro's song just because "Jesus" was a main them throughout and religion doesn't seem to be something Simon embraces in songs.  However, I thought Jason did a fine job and felt he really put his heart into his performance.  Okay, that's enough from me boring you about my takes from the show.  I didn't even bother to use different paragraphs.

No comments: