Wednesday, April 9, 2008

American Idol - 4/08/08

Another night of American Idol has come and gone.  To be quite honest, I wasn't totally impressed with any of the contestants last night.  However, my vote did go to Jason Castro because I probably enjoyed his "Over the Rainbow" song the best of all of them.  I did not enjoy Syesha talking back to Randy and, like last week, wonder what she was thinking by picking that song.  She picks songs that are totally impossible to do as well as the original performer.  I thought she did do a fine job on Fantasia's song but that song was special to Fantasia and cannot be duplicated, much like Whitney Houston's song.  It's unfortunate she picks songs like she does because she probably has one of the more powerful voices but her ego gets the best of her.  Also, unfortunately, I was unimpressed by Carley's performance of the Queen song.  I really felt like she was angry during the song and kind of lost control of it.  Brooke's song was also kind of ho hum but that song is designed that way.  I thought she could have also had a better song choice.  I thought David Cook's performance was weird and I agreed with Simon that it was a little "pompous."  I kind of felt like the whole writing on his hand thing at the end of the song was just meant to get more votes rather than from the heart.  I also felt like he was convicted of a crime since he just kept singing "We are Innocent."  Okay, lastly, my prediction is that Syesha will go home due to simply her attitude.  However, Carley and Brooke may be down in the lower tier as well.  I guess we'll see tonight!

2 comments:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

I pretty much agree with you. I really liked Jason's performance (although I don't really like him...guess it's the hair!). And, I thought David Cook was awful, although I normally do like him. I did finally vote for Brooke...and I got through every time, so I'm a little worried for her. Of course, I didn't vote for anyone else, so I don't know how hard it was to get through for them.

amy said...

i agree. i thought carly was a little angry, too. i always seem to agree with simon (strange), except when he is in love with castro and archuleta. i don't get it. maybe it's just me. he is the one who can spot talent. i like david cook, though, but didn't care for his performance at all this time. and i always forget the aussie's name, but is he not a dead ringer for the late michael hutchins?!?!