Wednesday, April 16, 2008

David Cook's Night to Shine

If you didn't watch last night, it was Mariah Carey night.  Personally, I thought the contestants did much better with her songs than last week, surprisingly enough.  Here's a rundown:

David Archeletta:  Typical good job but sounds like every other song he sings.

Syesha:  I enjoyed her song Vanishing and had not heard Mariah's version so that helped as well.  I thought it was a great improvement but she still bugs me for some reason.  I just get a "diva" feel from her.

Brooke:  I really liked her "unplugged" version but I could tell she was struggling in the middle with the piano playing and singing at the same time.  I actually voted for her because I feel like she may be at risk and I like her.

Carley:  Ugh.  I want her to do so well and I know she can but she just didn't "let loose" on the song last night.  I have a bad feeling she may be hitting the road tonight.

Kristy Lee Cook:  I really thought she did a great job. It's unfortunate she didn't step up her game earlier on because now I think the judges are against her and want her to be voted off.  I feel they are really hesitant to hand out complements to her because they want her off the show.

David Cook:  Rocked the house.  I couldn't believe what he did with Mariah's "Baby" song.  If it was released today, it would definitely be a hit and I would buy it!

Jason Castro:  I really enjoyed his performance and I think he did enough to stay on another week.  However, I feel he may be going home in the next couple of weeks because his songs also sound quite a bit a like week after week.

I hope I didn't forget anyone.  We'll see tonight!!

No comments: