Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mother's Day Out trip to Chuck E. Cheese's & Alli's con

I'm sure as you've figured out from the title that Alli and her class went to Chuck E. Cheese's on Wednesday.  She was quite excited about the trip and for once it was absolutely no trouble getting her to go to "school" that day.  After I picked her up that day she said she had a great time and that was about it.  However, when I took the girls to church later that night while I had choir practice the MDO director, Linda, told me the traumatic story of their adventure.  Apparently Alli and a little boy in her class were following Chuck E. (which I'm sure he loved) and he then went into his dressing room.  The little boy then opened the door to his dressing room (without knocking, I'm sure) and there was Chuck E. without a head.  Alli then screamed, "Chuck E. broke his neck off!"  Linda said she had a worried look on her face.  So, being the good person she is, Linda asked the manager if Chuck E. could come back out with his head on so the kids would know his okay.  He complied and Alli then said, "Chuck E.'s okay!" and she was relieved.  Later that night, before bed, I asked her if she thought someone was just dressed up as Chuck E. and she quickly said no and there is just a big hold when he breaks his neck off.  She then tried to "break" her neck off to no avail and I explained that people cannot do such feats without blood, etc. and she seemed satisfied.  It's funny that I would assume they would realize that someone is dressed up in that costume but I guess not.  Meredith is completely terrified by Chuck E. and I still haven't figured out why.  Alli also told me that she and her buddies got in trouble by getting on the stage with Chuck E.  What can you do?

Oh yeah, I have one more story about my dear Alli.  Yesterday the girls had completely destroyed their rooms and I threatened them with no tv, outside, etc. (the usual threats) and I go in Alli's room a little later and Meredith is cleaning it up.  I asked her what she was doing and she said that Alli suggested that she clean Meredith's room and Meredith clean her room.  So, big surprise, Meredith was hard at work and Alli was playing.  I told Meredith to stop cleaning Alli's room and asked her if she really thought Alli would clean her room.  She said no and I said go clean your own room.  Why is it my three year old is conning my 6 year old???

2 comments:

amy said...

those are good! a little con artist. you better pack a lunch for the teen years, mama! turner has always been leery of characters, esp. chuck e. and holiday favs, such as the easter bunny and santa. so, i just always told her that those were just people that dressed up while the real easter bunny and santa were hard at work making eggs and toys. works for her, esp. since the santa at the mall in guam was a little tipsy and toothless.

Leigh Ann said...

the chuckie story is so classic! I'd be a proud mama if I were you!