Friday, April 25, 2008

Brooke White

As most of you know, Brooke White is one of my favorite contestants on AI and I always hope she does well on the show week after week.  Well, since I'm writing about AI on my blog, I've gone to the official website and read the bios of all of the contestants.  One thing that I noticed about Brooke is that one of the routines she does before she performs is she prays.  Another statement she made that I was impressed with was when Dolly Parton was on the show and she was singing about Jesus.  Brooke seemed very touched by the experience of the whole show that night and one thing she mentioned was about how Dolly sang about Jesus.  So, I did a little research on the Internet yesterday and did a search on yahoo and put in "Brooke White" & Christian.  Well, I must say I was quite surprised to find out she is a Mormom.  I'm not sure why I was so surprised because from what I know about Mormons (not the polygamy kind) they live a very "moral" life as well.  Anyway, my lesson of the days is that just because someone is nice and "seems" like a Christian, doesn't necessarily mean they are one. Sometimes we can assume someone is a Christian but little do we know we have a great witnessing opportunity in front of us.

No comments: