Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oklahoma Fun

Me and the family headed over to Broken Arrow again this weekend.  We just went over Saturday and came back this afternoon.  The main purpose of this trip was to celebrate the wedding of Casie and Aaron.  Casie is my brother's wife's sister (Carrie's sister if you're familiar with her).   Meredith was supposed to have a soccer game on Saturday morning and we were supposed to head over after her game but the game was cancelled due to muddy fields from the extreme amounts of rain that we've received lately.  

Oh yeah, speaking of soccer, Meredith did start her third season of soccer this week and had a game on Thursday night before the rain moved in.  Meredith's team played her friend Allison's team and got beat pretty good.  Meredith did score the only goal of her team which was pretty neat for her.  Meredith's age still plays with the boys so we need to work on getting a little more aggressive.  (Corrie, do you have any advice??)  Anyway, we always have fun during soccer season, win or lose, and this season I'm sure will be no different.

Okay, back to our trip to BA.  As most of you know, my mom's dad, my Papa, died last April so my parents and grandmother are in the process of moving all of the stuff out of Grandma & Papa's house since my grandmother has moved in with my parents and are supposed to sell and close on the house on Friday.  Well, one of the items somebody gave my grandfather was a little motorized chair (I call them jazzy's) and my dad brought it over to their house because he thought the girls would have fun on it.  Boy, did they ever!  We looked so goofy riding up and down the driveway on that crazy chair but the girls loved it and Alli only had one minor wreck. Quite humorous.












We all had a great time at the wedding as well Saturday night and the girls were well behaved during the service.  I was a little nervous about Alli but they are such girlie girls that they loved watching a "bride".  Carlee and Cydnee, my  nieces, were the flower girls and they were so cute. 
Carlee is 3 and Cydnee just turned 2.  Carlee made it down the aisle without a hitch but as Cydnee was walking down the aisle she found Alli and Meredith and stopped to visit for a little while.  She finally headed on down to where she was supposed to be.  Once Cydnee made it to the front, Carlee returned back down the aisle to retrieve the flowers that they had dropped. too cute.  I have included pics of my brother, sis-in-law, sister Staci and her boyfriend Jake, nieces and the bride and groom.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

great pics, Stacy looks so cute!

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

I love seeing all the pictures of your BA family! I can't believe your brother is so grown-up! I think I'll always think of him as about kindergarten age. I remember sitting in the car with you and him, and he thought it was so funny to say words like "poop", etc. I thought that was strange back then (not having any brothers). Well...guess who's doing that now...Adam...almost the same age!

I don't really know what to do about being more aggressive in soccer. I guess she would just have to get over her fear of contact with others, whether boy or girl and go for it! Focus on getting the ball and not the others around you.

Sandra said...

Hi Jennifer! Guess I'll come out of lurkville to acknowledge that I read your blog! :) I too was surprised at your brother! I don't remember your dad much, but for some reason it struck me that they look quite similar. Your girls are too cute...