Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Target Here I Come!

For those of you that haven't already found out the news from Jennifer M's blog, Target was open tonight!  I know most of you will find this hard to believe, but after Alli and Meredith were done with dance class tonight I had the notion to drive by our new Target shopping area to stalk the stores and see when everything is opening (yes, instead of people, I stalk stores, very sad).  Well, lo and behold Target was open!  I drove by the entrance about 3 times just to see if only "special people" were invited in to shop.  I couldn't tell by my drive byes, so I finally stopped and asked a young couple walking in if it was open and they said they were just going to walk in and see what happened.  So, I watched them just walk in with no bouncers kicking them out or anything so I knew we were in!  I then parked my car and the girls and I (like the proper English Mom?) headed inside to check it out.  Now, Target is not supposed to "officially" open until Sunday and I had heard they were going to have a "soft" opening so I guess this was it.  I'd never heard of a "soft" opening before but, hey, I'm always ready to participate.  Let me tell you, I've never been asked if I needed help as much as I had tonight.  I've never seen so much red and khaki.  Finally I asked a young man if he provided babysitting and he kind of just walked off (imagine that?).  For those of you that live in larger cities you do not understand what a big deal this is for our community.  I always took Target for granted in the Tulsa area so I didn't really appreciate it but now we have one.  Books a Million (similar to Barnes & Noble), Old Navy, Shoe Carnival, Best Buy, Lane Bryant and Michael's are all relocating to this shopping area with bigger and better store (bad news for their old soon to be vacant buildings).  Dress Barn, Bed, Bath & Beyond (bad news for Linens N Things), Cheddars, an additional Chick Fil A and an Ulta are also opening.  I'm very excited about the Ulta because this is like an ultimate cosmetics superstore that carries your basic brands to high end brands.   Anyway, now you all can share in my joy! 

5 comments:

Trish said...

WOOHOO! Now life is worth living in Fort Smith, Arkansas! I love me some Target! :)

Leigh Ann said...

you are the best friend ever for calling me. I had fun. I got there around 7:00 and didn't leave until they made me at 9:00...with 100.00 worth in my basket!

Sandra said...

Totally understand the Target excitement! For us, that is one of the first questions when we hear where we're moving- is there a Target? :) Glad you had fun!

Sisters said...

After all the years of lies and tall tales...F.S finally has a Target. I may faint!
AJL

Jenni said...

In my new favorite book, "I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids", there is a "Does This Sound Like You?" quiz that requests you to check all that apply. In addition to checking that "You secretely wish you had your own apartment" and "You consider a trip to the dentist your special 'alone time'", I also checked, "You find that slowly browsing the aisles at Target, by yourself, is better than therapy." Welcome to my favorite and MOST EXPENSIVE therapy, Jen Jen!!!