Friday, October 17, 2008

Alli's Sick

Tomorrow we were supposed to have Alli's family party with my side of the family driving over for the day but Alli started running a fever last night and I took her to the doctor today. Apparently she has a bladder infection which is what I suspected since we've been in almost every bathroom in this city. In case you don't know, or have boys, girls have a tendency to get the bladder infections simply due to their anatomy at this age. They are also more likely to get them if they "hold it" which is what my little Alli does until she's about to explode. So, today her fever was up to around 102 and just felt bad. She wouldn't go to the bathroom at the doctor's office so they had to use a catheter to get a urine sample which was traumatic for her but she was a little trooper. They also did a blood test and chest xray so it was quite a morning. She's now on an antibiotic so we hope it kicks in quickly. So, as a result, we have to postpone her family party until, hopefully, next Saturday. Poor little Alli. She was sick 2 Halloweens ago and then sick last year for Meredith's party so we had to postpone that one as well. She seems to get sick on special occasions.

2 comments:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

I hope she feels better soon!

I guess that's one advantage of boys. I took Adam to the doctor once, because I suspected he had a UTI, but he didn't, and the doctor said it's very rare in boys.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Hoping she is feeling better. Kaybrie had one when she was 4 months, and I've dealt with them all of my life, I know how they hurt. Give her lots of hugs and kisses......