Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good news & bad news

The good news is that Alli is doing so much better today and those shots in the rear must have really helped along with prayer. Her temp has gone done and she didn't sleep during the day (which I was sad about) and she slept for 4 to 5 hours straight last night which was a big improvement. She was a little cranky, but who can blame her really.

The bad news is that while I was getting in to Alli's closet I noticed that the carpet was all wet. So, I immediately concluded that Alli had been playing with her little baby that pees that was laying in the floor right next to the wetness. Alli and Meredith then both denied playing with the doll and I then called in the hubby. He explained that there was no way that the baby doll could have peed that much in the floor anyway. Well, I'm sure you know what's coming next, some drain thing got stopped up and had flooded her room under the carpet. So, after the girls in bed, Michael and I cleaned up everything out of the floor (this was not an easy task) and the guys from the shop are coming tomorrow to take a look at it. I have a feeling that Alli will be getting some new carpet out of the deal considering your feet literally sqooshed (sp?) as you walked on it. It was not pretty and I have a feeling we'll be taking all of the furniture out tomorrow. Oh the joys of this week. I guess when it rains it pours.

3 comments:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Oh no! Hang in there!

Trish said...

Oh! Jennifer! I am so sorry! You are right when it rains it poors, but God is faithful through it all. I will be praying for you extra special this week. (and Alli too). Love ya!

Sandra said...

Glad to hear Alli is feeling better. Did you get the floor issue resolved?