Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday.  I believe he is around 59 as I am around 29.  Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to see him this weekend but we'll catch him next weekend when they come up for Alli's party.  Don't worry, I did mail him a card and we called and sang him Happy Birthday.  Anyway, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Christian man as a father.  He rarely, if ever, missed a soccer or basketball game of mine and he built a soccer goal in our backyard when we were playing that sport and he built a tetherball pole for me when I loved tetherball in elementary school (I was tough to beat in that tetherball, I must say).  He would often shoot hoops with me in the driveway and drive me over to my friends' houses whenever I needed him too.  He's also an excellent papa as well.  My girls are just crazy about him and love to go to their house and swing on the tree swing he put up in the tree in the backyard and just spend time with him, especially outside.  My little Alli is in fact named from his side of the family.  My middle name is Allison, my dad's middle name is Allison, my grandfather's middle name was Allison and my great grandmother's maiden name was Allison and so on.  (I hope I got that right).  I couldn't ask for a better father.  Thanks Dad!  I love you!

1 comment:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. O'Hara!

Jennifer, you forgot baseball in the backyard too. We'd take turns hitting the ball with the bat. We never played baseball at my house, so I remember it at yours.