Wednesday, March 5, 2008

American Idol - Guys

Well, I just finished watching my DVR version of American Idol.  Alli has been sick since Sunday and we've been spending a lot of time together if you know what I mean.  I think since we have some similar personality traits it makes this very difficult and we often clash.  I'm ready for her to get well.  

So here goes the summary on the guys:

Luke Menard is one of the guys I feel will be going home on Thursday.  I feel he is talented, but come on, the Jitterbug????  Why would he choose this song?

Chikezie - I have really grown to like him and he just seems nice.  I really enjoyed his Whitney Houston song last night and I hope he will make it to the top 12.  I also liked his "embarrassing moment" with the whole bathroom story and how it was so clean and he wondered why there were no urinals.

Danny Noriega -  Ugh.  I really like the song "Tainted Love" but it was a little too feminine for my taste.  Please go home Danny.

David Archuleta - Lock for the top 12.  I did enjoy the Phil Collins song but I do agree with Simon in the fact he needs to change it up a little bit.

David Hernandez - What can I say?  He was one of my favorites and I was really bummed when the story came out about his stripper days.  I can understand being young and making poor decisions but he did it for 3 YEARS!!  Now, every time I see him I think "male stripper."  I think that his past will hurt him and talents wise he should make it to the top 12 but I don't know how far he'll make it after that.  His performance last night was not as good as the week before.

Jason Castro definitely had the best embarrassing moment story and especially because it involved his twisted hair.  He is very likable and has a sweetness (in a good way) about him.  I thought he did a great job on his song and it was nice to see him without the guitar.

Michael Johns - Somehow I forgot him last week so I made sure not to do it again.  I must say I do like the songs he chooses but I wasn't impressed with him last night.  I like the song but I thought the original version was much much better.  I think he has potential but he better be careful.

To sum it up, I think Danny Noriega and Luke should pack their bags.

As for Amanda Overmyer (rocker girl), I'm definitely seeing a Pat Benatar song in her 80's night future.  We'll see.




David Cook - I must say that his performance was my favorite of the night.  It was great and he has roots in Tulsa!  I really hopes he makes it to the top 12 and surely he will.  



2 comments:

amy said...

yeehaw, girlfriend! i'm with you on all of it! i did love me some david cook, though. i watched him twice. that was a great arrangement, and he seems to be the only one in the whole competition that gets it when the judges say take a risk and make it your own! daniel noriega must have the gays trumpeting!!! he's a little over the top for me.

Anonymous said...

yay for david cook! i really liked him too! as for the girls tonight my favorite was brooke white! she is very sweet and i like her style..what did u think of the girls tonight sis? welp i ill try to get on here tomorrow and see if you had anything to say about the gals...love u!