Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma & Great Grandma!



I'm a little behind in posting this but last weekend my parents, sister Staci and grandmother came to visit.  Since my mom and grandmother celebrated their birthday on January 14 and 21 I decided to pick up a cake and we would have a little party of our own since we weren't able to make it over there.  Meredith and Alli are all about birthday parties so they thought it was great and I'm all about cakes so I thought that part of it was great as well (not to mention the birthday girls).  It was a pretty lazy day for us all.  We ate Popeye's chicken (yummy) and then had the cake for dessert with Braum's ice cream.  

I am so blessed to have such a precious mom and grandma.  I know I can count on them in any situation.  I remember loving to spending the night with my grandparents when I was younger and playing lots and lots of board games and Bible trivia with my grandma.  I also remember her making me yummy doughnuts in their fryer which I loved.  We also had good times painting ceramics together.  I cherish so many of the beautiful ceramics that grandma painted throughout the years and am lucky enough to have some of them now.  My mom was always willing to sacrifice for the good of her children, especially when she went to work at TU so we could all get a good quality education.  Thank you Mom and Grandma!!  I love you both!!

I also wanted to mention to please keep my other grandmother in your prayers (she's the one that got married a couple of years ago).  She's in the hospital due to a touch of pneumonia along with a bleeding ulcer.  Hopefully the doctors will get the bleeding stopped soon and she'll be home in no time.  Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

How wonderful for you to do that. Your Grandma is in my prayers!