Friday, January 16, 2009

Poor Little Fishy

Well, you probably already guessed it but we lost one of our little neon tetra fish today.  I saw the little guy at the bottom of the aquarium today.  The other fish seemed to be handling it okay though, in case you were wondering.  To help them cope with their grief I gave them an extra serving of fish food and they seemed to appreciate it.  The good news is that I got them at Petco and they have a 15 day guarantee on their fish and this one right before the end of the wire.  So, the girls and I will be making a trip there tomorrow with our dead fish in the Ziploc body bag to get another fish or two. Oh yeah, did I mention that as I was scooping out the fish from the tank Michael was singing "I'll Fly Away" and then he started in with the "No More Pain" song by Point of Grace.  Oh, that boy.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I don't think the fish will be too sad. When one of my sister's fish died it got ate by another one! GROSS!!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I'm glad you get to "exchange" it! It is really hard when you have to flush it and explain that the toilet goes to the ocean......Our Hush is still alive!