Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trip to Dallas

Michael had a Carrier business meeting in Dallas this past weekend so I was able to enjoy a child free weekend with my husband.  Alli went to Grandma & Papa's house in Broken Arrow and Meredith stayed with Grammy and Papa in Van Buren and they both had a great time as well.  We arrived in Dallas on Friday a little after lunch and Michael headed to his meetings and I headed to the mall to kill some time.  We went to a giant mall with a 4 level Nieman Marcus and several other stores that were out of the ordinary for us.  I picked up a few things at Gymboree and a couple of Hannah Montana wigs that were half off for the girls.  For dinner, we hit the trade show at the convention at the hotel and we were good.

On Saturday morning I slept in (love it!) while Michael went to another meeting and after his meeting was over at noon we headed to PF Changs for lunch (yummy) and went to the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine so Michael could get another pair of his favorite "Red Head" jeans. Saturday night was clearly the highlight of our trip.  We were able to get together with our Dallas friends, Jaron and Vicki.  I went to high school with Vicki and Michael and I both went to college with Jaron (one of Michael's roommates).  We had a steak dinner at the Hoffbrau (sp?) and then saw a group of comedians that Jaron & Vicki got us tickets for.  When I first heard that were going to hear comedians I thought, oh great, nasty comedians but boy, was I pleasantly surprised.  The only other comedians I have ever seen were Penn and Teller in Las Vegas and they were quite offensive.  We had no idea what were in for when we saw them and it was quite the eye opener.  However, these guys, in Ft. Worth, called 4 day weekend were hilarious.  I don't know if it was because we couldn't get tickets until the 10 p.m. show and I was delirious or what but I laughed so much I cried that night.  This was an improv show which made it different then just stand-up.  Prior to the show the audience could write down different random subjects and pin them to a bulletin board and throughout the show the comedians would pick out random papers from the bulletin board and work them into their act.  Also, audience members were not off limits by any means as well but thank goodness we were not picked on.  We knew that if that picked Jaron they would have had a hay day with the fact that he is a worship leader.  Anyway, if you want a good laugh, you should check them out!

No comments: