Friday, January 9, 2009

New Aquarium & Spanish in Arkansas



Well, with some of my Christmas money I was planning on purchasing a new aquarium and give fish a try as pets. I just so happened to be in Petco when I called my friend Jennifer M. asking for advice since I knew that she had one. You're not going to believe this, but it just so happened that she and her husband Ryan were planning on cleaning their out that weekend and eventually sell it. So, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, she asked me if I wanted it. Needless to say, I was thrilled, and took her up on her offer. This aquarium is so much nicer then what I was going to buy. It is a 30 gallon tank with a stand! The girls and I were so excited (Michael, not so much) we headed to Petco and WalMart to pick out rocks and plant decor for out new tank. Jennifer then brought the tank over the next morning and helped me set it up and it looks fabulous. We let it run for a day and night and then we made the trip back to Petco for fish. Of course, I wanted hardier fish and some that weren't too expensive to start out so we picked out several types of tetras, a couple of guppies, and 2 barbs for a total of 10 fish. The girls were so proud when they walked out holding those bags of water and fish and believe, it or not, they are still alive!! Thank you so much Jennifer and Ryan for the beautiful tank! You're family is welcome to visit it any time! (Blogger's not letting me post pictures right now for some reason, but I'll try again tomorrow.)

Oh yeah, I have good story from New Year's Day. Our family went to the mall to go to Dairy Queen and beforehand I wanted to look in Dillard's real quick to check out their big sale that day. Well, as we were all looking in the children's shoes department, Meredith, out of the blue, askes "Why do people speak Spanish in Arkansas?" I, of course, laughed along with the lady next to me and later that day we explained to her that people with different cultures and languages also live in the US including Arkansas.

4 comments:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

What a great story! We also have a new pet (our only). A Beta named Hush! I'll have to blog about Hush now......

Jenni said...

I want to see that aquarium!! Did you watch Idol last night? I'm anxious for you to blog your opinions about it:>!

Jenni said...

That is SO beautiful! They should be really happy in their new home--do you think Michael will make them a dance floor?

Leigh Ann said...

Hey, yea, as to the header, it is photoshop. i can tell now that I'm looking at it. It isn't blogspot. Send me the file and let me look at it. I've got some time in the morning.