Monday, January 19, 2009

Boat Show, etc.

On this past lazy Sunday afternoon, we all decided we would go check out the Boat Show here in town and we had a fun time.  Michael got to visit with a bunch of guys he ran into and the girls and I wandered from pontoon boat to pontoon boat checking them out.  We went on a couple of deck (?) boats but the sales people weren't as crazy about us walking around on those.  I guess because the average price of those puppies were around $55,000.  YIKES!  I picked out a cool red one that said "Interceptor" on it and I thought it suit me quite well.  The girls also got to throw some lines out with a fishing pole (I have no idea how you phrase that) and they enjoyed it.  They actually had a contest for the kids but you have to be seven to participate so maybe Meredith can do it next year if we go.  

Also, I neglected to mention that a few weeks ago while Alli and Will were playing at Grammy's house they all spotted a bald eagle swooping down and getting a fish out of their pond.  Isn't that cool?  Patty said it stayed long enough for her to grab her binoculars and get a closer look since it dropped the first fish and had to come back for another one.

2 comments:

Melissa Southerland said...

Sounds like a fun Sunday afternoon :)

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I love looking at boats also....its fun to dream! An eagle actually getting a fish, what a rare sighting and very nice now that the eagle is repopulating!