Sunday, August 31, 2008

Baby Celebration in BA


Me and the girls headed to Broken Arrow on Friday after Meredith got out of school.  On Friday night a bunch of the family met at Ricardo's to eat Mexican food which was yummy.  However, the service was quite slow this time which is unusual for that restaurant which, of course, makes it trying with my little ones and my two nieces.  Nevertheless, we survived it and headed back to my parents' house.  On Saturday the girls and I all met Aunt Carrie at the beauty shop so she could cut all of our hair.  Bless her heart for being our personal "stylist" because we certainly needed help in that area.  Carrie, my mom and I then took all of the girls to the feed store to visit the little petting area they have their with the miniature horses/donkeys, goats, bunnies, etc.  There was also a little kitty that Carrie's parents have adopted at the store and for some peculiar reason, it kept running away from the girls when they tried to attack, I mean pet it.  Anyway, it was a good day for the little cousins.  Also, I wanted to let you know that my sister-in-law, Carrie, has started a blog and I have added it to my blog list on the right.  Enjoy!

That evening I then headed to the Cheesecake Factory to meet my high school/college friends for my friend, Christy's, second baby celebration.  It's always so great to see all of my sweet friends again.  Shannon flew up from Houston, Beth drove from Memphis, Emily and I drove in from the great state of Arkansas and then the rest are from the Tulsa area.  How lucky am I to have such a strong group of Christian women I can count on for anything.  Needless to say, we had a super time eating at the restaurant and we all then headed over to Ida's beautiful house to eat yummy cake and she relax and talk and laugh together.  Christy already has a handsome little boy and now she is welcoming a little girl in October.  Congratulations Christy!

1 comment:

amy said...

love the hair cut! so cute on her!!! now you'll all look cool in the mini!