Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Centsable Momma" blog

I want to let you all know about a new blog I've add to the sidebar of mine titled "Centsable Momma."  My friend, Corrie, who lives in Michigan started it.  She was my best friend in my grade school and middle school days before she deserted me and moved with her family to Florida.  Anyway, here's what she has to say in her first post in her new blog:


I've always tried to be a "frugal" person, but I discovered the land of frugal blogs about the middle of May where I learned even more techniques. God led me to those blogs, because about 2 weeks later I was unexpectedly laid off from my at-home part-time job. I didn't work many hours at home, but it was enough to earn some extra money for my family. So, now, I could save money for my family.

I intend to share what I've learned from playing the Drugstore Game (as it's called...shopping for "free" items at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid), and share some of the good deals that I happen to run across. I'll also share some of my techniques for earning college fun money, as well as extra money here and there (called snowflaking across the internet).

I am by no means perfect at this, but I hope to share some of my frugal journey with others and help link them to others that can help them too. I am trying to be the steward of our family resources that God wants me to be.

No comments: