Thursday, August 21, 2008

Off to School for Meredith

I apologize for taking so long to post this time but you know how it is when school first starts up.  busy, busy, busy.  Meredith has had a great first week of school and loves the first grade as well as her teacher.  She wasn't crazy about her first day in PE because everyone was crazy and not listening.  She apparently likes order.  She also started soccer drills on Monday as well as dance (tap, ballet, and jazz).  I'm a little nervous about how all of these activities are going to pan bit the good news is that the soccer season is pretty short.  I started to regret taking her out of gymnastics this year as I was watching them on the Olympics because in another 4 years she would probably be eligible to compete if we lived in China (oops, did I put that in writing?).  Here's a picture of Meredith on her first day of school.

Alli has also started ballet and tap which I hope she enjoys.  Alli would just as soon not mess with any of it and just hang out with Mom which I completely don't understand.  She really likes the idea of a recital though so I guess that's what we're going to have to work for.  Alli starts preschool on Tuesday (I can't wait) and I think she's really going to enjoy it.  She will have the same teacher Meredith had as a 4 year old so it will be fun to hear her comparisons between Meredith and Alli's personalities.  Speaking of Alli, while we were at Sam's the other day buying an icee (bribery to get through the trip) she was sure to point out to me that the lady behind us had whiskers on her neck.  She didn't say it very loud so I'm praying the poor lady didn't hear her.  Of course, I never turned around so I wouldn't have to face her so I cannot attest to the whiskers or not.  I just pretended I wasn't there.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I am laughing so hard right now at Alli's comment about the lady at Sam's. Thanks for a good laugh!!!

Melissa S.

amy said...

well at least you don't have to take her in for an eyesight test, sounds like 20/20 to me! hilarious!

Leigh Ann said...

oh, that good ole Alli! i love it. I hope she likes school. so what are you going to do with your time?