Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Meredith with Glasses


It occurred to me that many of you have not seen Meredith with her little glasses. She got reading glasses in the middle of last year and they all but virtually eliminated her headaches. We knew bad eyes were in the genes so we've been sure to take our kids to the eye doctor for check-ups. Hopefully Meredith will outgrow the reading glasses but she has an astigmatism so near sighted glasses will probably also be in her future. The doctor also thought Alli is already showing signs of being near sighted so we are to watch for squinting. Anyway, Meredith's kindergarten thought to have her wear her glasses in her spring school pictures and I'm so glad she did because they are just too cute, even if I do say so myself.

I also neglected to mention that Alli and I along with my friends Trish and Melissa and their sons, Jedidiah and Drew, hit the movies again and saw "Space Chimps." I must say it was pretty cute and a little more action packed then Wall-E so it kept Alli's attention a little better. Meredith played at a friends house while we were at the movie which is probably a good thing since she gets a little more scared at movies then Alli. Meredith is all about peacefulness and no monsters.

2 comments:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

I think Adam's going to have to wear glasses soon, too. He failed his preschool vision screening and then I've taken him to the optometrist twice this year. We just got a referral to a pediatric opthamologist, since his left eye seems to be stronger than the right. I guess we didn't pass the good genes on :-).

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Oh...and I forgot to say that Meredith looks very cute in her glasses! They sure have come a long way in kids glasses from when I had to wear them. I always looked like a complete dork...so I would never want to wear them for pictures.