Thursday, August 7, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman Family on Larry King Live

A couple of days ago Michael and I just happened to be watching CNN for something or other and happened to see the advertisement that the Chapman family was going to be on Larry King Live on Thursday night. You have to understand that I very rarely watch CNN or any news show. I tend to stick with the very fluffy type television that really doesn't mean a hill of beans to anyone. So anyway, I set my DVR to record the show for tonight. Well, I just finished watching the recorded show and even though I knew and read the stories regarding their son Will accidently running over their 5 year old daughter Maria and I thought how terrible it was but I still felt very removed from it ( which of course, realistically, I am). But tonight watching their sweet family being interviewed about their faith and if they have anger towards God and other typical Larry King questions it just really hit me how awful and terrible and confusing it must be for this family. I cannot fathom losing a child but yet have one of your children accidently kill the other one is just beyond me. This family has no anger towards their 17 year old son and are still remaining strong in their faith. Our Holy Father must be so impressed with how this family is handling their grief. I'm sure many of you have heard Chapman's song called "Cinderella" and my girls love it so much when their daddy plays it for them and they just dance and dance. This song was written by Steven Curtis for his two youngest adopted Chinese daughters and he is still performing it at his concerts. He mentioned that the lyrics were changed from "the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone to "Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight/But the truth is... The dance goes on." It truly brought many tears to my eyes and every time I hear that song I will pray for the Chapman family.

No comments: