Monday, August 11, 2008

Aunt Staci is here!

Well, we met my parents at our halfway point in Gore to pick up my little sis, Staci. The girls were very very excited that their beloved Aunt Staci was coming to spend some time with them. I think Meredith, my little cuddlebug, was also very happy that someone would be sleeping in her room with her. My parents and Grandmother are heading to Indiana to visit my Great Aunt Lois and Great Uncle Bob for a few days so Staci elected to stay with me rather than make the long drive. On Friday night we all headed to Michael's parents' house to visit with them along with Becky, Patrick and the boys which was fun. 












On Saturday evening we headed to the Lightner's going away party at the Lee's house. It rained off and on all day but luckily the rain managed to stop long enough for the party which was great. All of the kids enjoyed the swimming and it's just great to all hang out together and fellowship. The latest I've heard from Trish is that Roger is heading to Nashville tomorrow (Tuesday) to start work on Wednesday and she will stay here until Labor Day. I'm just selfishly glad I get to spend a little more time with her before the big move. By the way, the picture of Addy, Katie and Meredith was taken by Leigh Ann in case it looks familiar. I want to give credit where credit is due. By the way, I must say the Lee's have the most beautiful backyard I've ever seen in my life. It makes me feel really bad that I can't manage to keep my three flower pots watered and alive. There's no telling how long Gary and Jenny spend keeping all of those flowers watered and alive, not to mention all of the hummingbirds fed. 























Today Staci was gracious enough to watch the girls for me all morning while I headed to Meredith's school to put packets together to send home with the kids on the first day of school. You would not believe how much paperwork is involved. It is unbelievable. Hopefully one day soon all or most of these forms and copies can be eliminated with electronic mail. After spending 4 hard hours there putting them together I will be all for it! Save the trees and some of our time!   The rest of the day we just hung out at home and hopefully tomorrow will be more exciting.

No comments: