Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zoo Trip and Lambert's









On Wednesday we spent the morning at the beach and pool and then we headed to the Gulf Shores Zoo. Animal Planet deemed it "the little zoo that could" after Hurricane Ivan. Anyway, it was pretty hot and Michael was just "thrilled" to get to go to the zoo. Anyway, here are a few pictures of our adventure. I think my favorite animal there was the white tiger. Hannah liked Chuckie and his story the best. In the pic with Hannah and the girls the donkeys and the lama came over and seemed to pose for the picture with the girls. However, we couldn't get Alli to pose as quickly as the animals so the lama lost patience and started to walk off. I thought the emu creature (at least I think that's what it was) appeared to be smiling for his little picture. They were quite the photogenic group.

Most of you have already been to the Lambert's in Springfield but we enjoy it so much we thought we'd give it a try and it was nice to have something other than seafood. For those of you not familiar with Lambert's it is the home of the "throwed hot roll."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my own defense, the only time I ever go to zoos is when the temperature is in the mid 90's, the humidity is right there with it, and there is zero breeze. This was a very small zoo, thank goodness, and after 30 minutes even the kids were ready to leave. I don't mind zoos, I just mind the time we always choose to go to them.