Friday, June 27, 2008

Water Park and attempted pictures

































Well, yesterday we went to the waterpark and attempted some family pictures on the beach. I guess I kind of feel about waterparks the way Michael feels about zoos so were even. However, we actually ended up having a lot of fun at the ole Waterville park. Unfortunately Alli wasn't quite tall enough to go on the big waterslides but she still had fun going on the smaller ones and in the two kiddie pools they had. Meredith had a blast on the big waterslides and the small ones and she was much braver then I expected. Hannah went on her first roller coaster ride in the amusement park side of the place and she seemed to have a blast as well. I liked the fact that most of the big water slides let you ride down on two or three person rafts so several of us could ride together. It was so fun to hear Meredith just cackling (sp?) on the way down. We didn't brave bringing the camera though due to fear of it getting broken or stolen so you'll just have to take my word for it. However, Michael woke up sore this morning and my neck hurts so I guess were just not as young as what we used to be.

We then came home and cleaned up and headed to the beach to attempt pictures in the standard khaki and white. I guess those colors are so popular due to their clean look but seeing so many people out on the beach at sunset in those colors just makes me want to show up in all black just to be different. I also have a lot more wardrobe choices in black which is also an advantage. It's like a giant khaki and white cult shows up and you are interchangeable with anyone's family that's there at the beach. It's pretty humorous. But, are we about to really go against the fad? No way, we just show up dressed like the rest of them.

After the beach pictures, Hannah is kind enough to watch the girls for us while Michael and I go to dinner at the "Original Oyster House" and it was fantastic! I thought it was by far the best seafood we've had since our arrival. Anyway, I would encourage anyone coming this direction to definitely make a stop there. I would suggest going late (like we did) or very early to avoid the long wait. When we arrived back at the condo Hannah had put both of the girls to bed and asleep and it was so nice! Thanks Hannah!

6 comments:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

I love the family picture! I wish I had a Hannah to take on vacation with me... Sounds like you're having a great time!

Emily said...

Meredith looks so grown up in her picture! Glad you are having a great time.

Leigh Ann said...

the pictures look great, how about we call Michael the conformist, you just go along with his wishes! I know that the pictures were his idea!

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out really good. Looks like y'all are having fun!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have gone with you. It looks like a wonderful get away vacation to leave all your cares behind.

Love,
Mom

Jenni said...

Going with the fad or not, your beach pictures are GORGEOUS!! Definitely prefer it to the black on the beach:>!