Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pre-Father's Day Celebration


Well, we haven't had anything too exciting going on lately so this post is not nearly as eventful as the snake post but here's an update anyway. 

Today my parents, sister and great-grandmother made the trip over from Broken Arrow which was a lot of fun.  I went to Sam's Club last night and got some ribeyes so we had a great lunch and for desert we had an Italian Cream cake from an excellent local bakery here in town.  We basically spent the day eating and playing the Wii.  It was fun showing my family the Wii Fit and how much fun it is.  I especially like the balance games and the step aerobics is pretty neat too.  Meredith is especially talented at the hula hoop game and it's so cute to watch her.  I'll have to shoot some video and post it sometime.  


So, then for dinner I took Michael and the girls to Shogun's for his Father's Day meal so I'm so full I'm about to be sick.  If you want to go to a nice restaurant with the small kids this is definitely the place to go.  The girls behaved themselves beautifully due to the cooking entertainment at the table and of course they like the onion volcano.  Alli liked it except for the noise when the fire flared up so she covered her ears.  It was a little pricier then I thought it would be when you add on extra fried noodles, etc. but hey, it's Father's Day right and I'm picking up the tab with my high paying job I have.  (at least I signed the credit card receipt)

I was excited to see our little mamma dove return this year and nest in our gutter on top of our house to raise a new brood of babies.  Here's a picture of the little family.

No comments: