Sunday, November 9, 2008

America's Most Wanted

Hopefully a lot of you Arkansans watched or recorded America's Most Wanted on Saturday night.  The show focused on Arkansas cases and in particular Fort Smith.  It was pretty cool to see my old buddies from the Marshals Office in the background on horses behind John Walsh as he introduced the different stories.  Leisa- You did a fine job at keeping that horse under control.  I knew Leisa could ride a horse but I didn't realize the other guys could.  Anyway, much of the show was focused on the murder of Missy Witt, in particular.  She was kidnapped from a bowling alley in Fort Smith and her body was found 50 miles away in a forest area.  Since it was featured on AMW, you probably figured out that her killer has not been caught.  I specifically remember when this happened because Michael had asked for prayer for the family at the Baptist Student Union at TU during this time.  Michael and I were not dating then so I didn't know many of the specifics but remember being horrified at such a monstrous crime.  I want to encourage all of you to go to this website and read about the crime.  The website is http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=59549.  The more people that read and are familiar with this crime the better the chance that someone will come forward with information.  For example, the police believe there was a good samaritan that moved Missy's body from its original placement so that it would be more easily found.  Even if that person would come forward I'm sure it would be a great help.  The show also featured information regarding the recent gruesome murder of Little Rock reporter Anne Pressly.  It is so important to get this evil person off the streets as well so he does not brutalize someone else.  

I promise my next post won't be so depressing but I feel like this information is so important to share.

1 comment:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Thanks for the info. You are right it is important to share. Any closure for these families is really necessary especially during this time of the year. God Bless all of these families!