Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome Harriet the Mouse, I mean Hamster!




I made a quick jaunt to Broken Arrow on Wednesday to celebrate Independence Day with my family this year and we came back Friday night after the fireworks festivities.  On Wednesday me and the girls were introduced to Aunt Staci's new pet, Harriet the Hamster.  We've come a long way from feeding the mice to the snakes at the Nature Center to petting one.  I think Staci surprised my parents last week with her new pet as well.  She is very cute and sweet and doesn't have the mousey tail (aren't you glad Melisa Y?).  She has a very pink plastic cage and likes to bury herself in her bedding in her igloo house.  The girls were thrilled with the little thing and I was scared for its little life while the girls fought over holding her.  She did survive and I think spent most of the time hiding while we were there.  I'll post some picture from our 4th of July in the next post.

  

No comments: