Friday, July 25, 2008

Meredith gone to grandparents' house

I met my Dad and Grandmother in Gore, OK (the halfway point) on Thursday and sent Meredith with them to spend a few nights and boy was she looking forward to it. Whenever she can fit me in her busy schedule to talk to me on the phone it sounds like she's having a super time and is in no hurry to come home. In turn, I think Alli really misses her big sister to play with, however, I think she's enjoying the one on one time too. It's amazing how much easier it is to take one to the grocery store instead of two. Today Alli and I got a snowcone after we went to the store and she was thrilled with that as well. I do miss my little Meredith though, that's for sure.

For those of you that don't already know, Michael's dad, Tommy, is in the hospital due to a fall he had on Wednesday afternoon. His first set of xrays he had taken on Wednesday evening indicated he had popped his hip out of joint. So, on Thursday, his assigned ortho doctor said he wasn't sure if it was out of joint or not and he wanted to compare his current xrays with past xrays he has had taken to make sure it was out before they would do any surgery (they were unable to pop it back in manually). Well, after the doctor found time in his busy schedule to come by on Thursday afternoon he said he hadn't had time to get the xrays and he would do it on Friday. Well, then today the doctor found time to come in at the end of the day and said that Cooper Clinic sent him his MRI records instead of the xrays and since they were already closed he would have to wait until Monday. Is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? So, I guess Tommy is just supposed to hang out in the hospital until Monday to see if his hip is really out of socket or not. Maybe then when the xrays come in the doctor can find time in his busy schedule to possibly do something about it to help him feel better. Don't you just love healthcare? As you can tell, my attitude isn't too great about it. So, please keep Tommy in your prayers as he goes through this ordeal. (What's sad is that I've left out a lot about this doctor's bedside manner as well.) I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: