Saturday, July 5, 2008

American Girl Movie

On Friday mid-day me, the girls, my mom, Aunt Staci, Aunt Carrie and Carlee all headed to the movie theatre to catch the American Girl movie.  I was just excited to be able to see a G rated movie that wasn't animated.  It was a really cute movie and Meredith especially enjoyed it.  I did think it was a little slow in the beginning so it didn't hold Alli's interest too well, but hey, she's just 3 so I knew what to expect.  However, Aunt Carrie's stash of candy helped keep her interest until it picked up a little in the second half of the movie.  I really thought it was important for our family to support this movie so the big movie companies would, hopefully, continue to put out movies such as this.  The movie was set in the Depression and it is from a 10 year old girl's viewpoint of the era.  The excitement comes when Kit (the 10 year old girl) must solve the mystery of who is stole her mother's money.  I would encourage anyone with girls about 4 or 5 years up to go see it!  

No comments: