Sunday, July 13, 2008

Facebook. etc.



Well, I was informed by my friend at church that many of our mutual friends from Sunday School had Facebook accounts (not to mention my little sis) so I decided to join. Let me tell you, there's a lot of people out there in Facebook world. I must say I still enjoying blogging and looking at friends' blogs better than Facebook but it's a good way to find old friends out there in cyberspace world that you've lost track of. The advantage of Facebook over MySpace is that you people have to invite you to be their "friends" before you can look at their page. The con to this is that you can't snoop and look at people lives that you're just curious about but don't really want to commit to, but I know it is much better this way. It's amazing how many high school kids from our church have asked me to be their "friend" that don't even really know me. I discussed this with Melissa S. and we just thought the more friends the better the kids look no matter if it's an old lady with 2 kids. However, I know if they are asking me to be their friend on their site it means they have nothing to hide from an adult on their page which is quite refreshing to me and I'm sure to their parents as well. There's no doubt that if I had a pre-teen/teen and they were computer literate that I would also have an account on all of these types of websites and make sure my child made me a friend so I could make sure they were on the up and up. I feel it is vitally important for parents these days to keep up with technology and keep track of their kids web usage as well. There's too much danger out there not to. So, I guess Meredith and Alli better watch out for Mama as they get older!

I don't really have any recent pictures from this week. Meredith has had a couple of friends come over to play and we've gone to other friends' houses to hang out so it was a nice week. Here's some pictures of Meredith in gymnastics from the Spring.

I went to Little Rock for the day yesterday for a state PTA convention which was interesting. I can really see some areas that our little school can improve in as far as communication and getting parent involvement which is exciting. Now, if I'm just ready to put the work into it. It's easy to get ideas but difficult to actually put them to use, isn't it?

No comments: