Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol - Girls


Okay, I'm a little behind in watching the gals because I have choir on Wednesday nights so I didn't get to watch it until today.  So here's the lowdown of what I think of the girls and let's see if I'm right after the results show this evening.

I'll first start with Alaina Whitaker and she is from Tulsa which obviously makes me want to root for her and the fact that she's just 17.  As you probably recall, she sang "Hopelessly Devoted to You" which is a song that I love.  I used to love Olivia Newton John, Grease, etc. and I thought she did a good job but nothing spectacular.  I agreed with the judges that she should have sang something with a younger feel.

Next up is Alexandra Lushington which I find very likable.  I thought she did much better last week with her performance and I find last night's performance a tad boring much like the song she sang.  There's not much you can do to make that song exciting.

Amanda Overmyer -She has been named the "rocker" of the bunch.  I must say she is not my favorite and I find she is very limited on what she can perform.  I think she definitely showed her lack of range on last night's show.  I wasn't crazy about the hair either.  I think she's definitely at risk for elimination tonight.

Asia'h Epperson - She's sang the big "All By Myself" song which, of course, originated in the 70's like the other song but was remade spectacularly by Celine Dion.  I thought she did an "okay" job on this but no one can top Celine on this one so why try it?  I still think she'll be safe tonight.

Brooke White is definitely my favorite of the girls and I've liked her from the very beginning.  She has a clear and honest innocence about her and is not afraid to show it.  I think she really rocked last night and showed how talented she is.

Carly Smithson is another one of my favorites.  I think she has the best voice of the bunch and will definitely make it far in the competition.  She just strikes me as someone who is very honest about who she is and is comfortable in her skin.

Kady Malloy is someone I have tried to like but she just doesn't appeal to me.  As the judges shared last night, she shows her personality in the little clips about her life but when it comes to performing she doesn't connect with the audience.  I think she's very talented but a Heart song was not a good song for her.  In my humble opinion she should stick with more of a pop vibe.

Kristy Lee Cook also appeals to me but I don't think she has the voice to make it all the way.  She is very likable and cute and has the whole package.  She did make a vast improvement during this weeks performance compared to last weeks.  She'll be safe this go around.

I believe Ramiele Mulabay will make it far in the competition.  She does have a powerful voice coming out of that little body and she's super cute.  Unlike the judges I really enjoyed her song last night and thought she did a great job picking it.

Syesha Mercado also has the whole package but I was not impressed with her performance last night and found it quite boring.  I even fast forwarded through most of it.  She definitely made a poor decision with her song choice.  

So, for the girls, I predict Amanda Overmyer and Kady Malloy will go home tonight.  We'll see!
 

No comments: