Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My take on American Idol

As some of you already know, I am a big American Idol fan.  At this moment, it's really the only show I regularly watch.  I like the Closer but it's off right now so I'm going to share my take on last night's show with the guy's.

First I'm going to start with Chikezie.  Personally, he was my favorite last night because he really made a turnaround from the previous week. I enjoyed how he incorporated the theme from his interview into his song and poked fun at Simon during the song which was really great.  He also poked fun at Simon in his ending interview in good fun rather then in a "cocky" sort of way.  

Next up is Danny Noriega.  I really don't know what to say about him.  hmmmmm.

David Archuleta is definitely the one to beat (like nobody else knows this).  He's cute as a button and the pre-teens/teens love him.  I enjoyed his rendition of "Imagine" last night but I still like John Lennon's version better.  It was a little to "sing songy" for me.  It will be a miracle if he doesn't at least win the guy's side if not the whole thing.

My sister informed me that David Cook has been residing in Tulsa the last few years which is pretty neat.  I think he's pretty likable but I don't see him having the commercial success of a couple of the others.  I did like how he took the bit of color out of his hair last night and made him look at bit more "normal."  However, his conversation with Simon after his performance did not help him with votes and I think he knew that by the expression on his face.  I did think it was harsh of Simon to give him a hard time about the crossword puzzles.  Give me a break.

David Castro - I think he seems like a very likeable guy but I can't get past the dread locks.  I know they set him apart from the rest of the pack but I can't help but wonder how often he washes his hair.  Maybe I'm just hung up on hygiene.  I don't know.

Luke Menard - He seems a little arrogant for my taste and seems to know he's good.  I think he did all right and he does have the look but I'm not sure about him.  I wasn't crazy about his performance last night either.

Robbie Carico - He definitely has the rocker look but not quite the sound.  I agree with Randy on this one and that he didn't have umpf for a real rocker.  He may be dropped this week.  

Jason Yeager - Here's the contestant that I was really hoping that would do well because he's seems like a really nice guy.  Also, my in-laws went to a singing type restaurant in Branson this past summer and he was their waiter and they bought his CD that he had released.  So, that little connection makes you want to see someone to do well.  However, I just don't think he's been delivering and he's definitely at risk.  Last night may have been his last performance.  

David Hernandez - I definitely think he'll make it to the finals of the guys as well.  I really like him and thought he did great last night.

We'll see how the girls do tonight!  Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the contestants.


1 comment:

amy said...

you didn't mention the aussie gone georgia, micheal hutchins look-a-like guy! i'm with you on the rest of the guys, but i like this guy, too, just can't remember his name!