Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sickness, ain't it grand?

Well, I have a little prayer request to add to my blog.  My sweet little Alli is sick with fever, cough, etc. and her big sister's birthday tea party is scheduled for tomorrow at 4:30 p.m. so I'm taking her to the doc at 3:15 p.m. today to hopefully nip it in the bud.  We'll see.  I knew that we had been extremely lucky this far as far as health is concerned and wouldn't you know that the lucky streak would end today.  Either way, if we cancel the party Meredith will be very disapointed and if Alli can't attend she will be very disappointed so it's pretty much a lose lose situation.  UGH!  

There's no new pictures today because apparently even though I have a new computer it still isn't recognizing my camera so it's either the USB cable or the camera.  So, let's hope it's the cable.  I think I'm going to get a card reader this time instead of just hooking up the camera.  I feel that's the smart thing to do this time (like you all really care).  

Meredith lost her second tooth last night.  It had been loose for the past few days and it had gotten to the point where it was just hanging by a thread and bleeding a little along the bottom.  So, I had Meredith let me "look" at it and I gave it a little tug and out it came.  Meredith, of course, went running through the house screaming (not in a positive nature) and was quite traumatized by the event and the blood.  I then reminded her that the tooth fairy would be coming and asked her if she was just scared or if it actually hurt.  She then had a little smile on her face and said that she was just scared and seemed to recover nicely.

Earlier, since I was speaking of prayer requests I wanted to mention for you all to keep my friend Amy's husband and family in your prayers.  Her husband is in the Navy and headed to Afghanistan a week or two ago.  I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster of being a wife a serviceman and the responsibility it must entail.  Anyway, I have a link to her blog on the right hand side of my screen and I would encourage you all to look at it.  She is quite a talented writer and I thoroughly enjoy her sense of humor.  It keeps me laughing.  She grew up in the church that we attend and her parents and brother are still active members. 

I'll update the blog after the appointment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that she is sick. You were just telling me the other day how fortunate y'all were to not have been sick yet. You should have never said that out loud :) Hope she gets better in time for the party. Talk to you soon.

Melissa