Thursday, July 5, 2007

Weekend of 7-1-07

It's taken me a while to get this post on the blog due to me letting my camera battery die and having to recharge it. Likely excuse, huh.

This past weekend me and the girls headed to Broken Arrow to visit my side of the family which was great fun. The girls always look forward to going to see Grandma, Papa, Great Grandma, Gran, Aunt Staci, Aunt Carrie, Uncle Chris a/k/a Uncle "Bubby", Aunt Carrie, and cousins Carlee and Cydnee. I guess you see why they are always excited to go. We went to BA on Thursday afternoon and hung out with all of the family that evening and ate dinner together. After dinner, Staci and I headed to my sister-in-law's salon for an 8 p.m. appointment for cuts and color (I know you thought it was natural). It certainly comes in handy to have an awesome sister-in-law to make appointments that late at night and gives a great cut too! How blessed am I to have her as a sister-in-law.

On Friday, Staci and I met my friend Adi and her daughter at Woodland Hills Mall (boy, do I love and miss that place) for the kids to play at the little playground they have there. It was so nice to see Adi again and her sweet little girl. Adi and I went to TU together and met through the Baptist Student Union and have been friends ever since. Her daughter and Alli are close to the same age but her daughter is almost as tall as Meredith! I think they had fun playing and then we headed to the Food Court for some chow.




This is Meredith and my Dad playing Kung Fu. Dad prefers to play from his recliner.

Friday night we all headed to Ricardo's (my favorite Mexican Restaurant in Tulsa) and ate Chili Reanos (sp??). We braved taking my girls and Carlee and Cydnee and it went relatively well. I only had to threaten Alli about 20 times. Staci, the girls and I then headed to Gran and Dency's (her new husband) place at the Retirement Home. It was pretty funny because when we arrived Dency was taking and shower and when he came out he was ready for bed with his robe on. Alli proceeded to ask him a few times (until he could understand her) if he were in his "nighties" and then proceeded to look at the wrinkles on his fingers. She is definitely not shy. Meredith and Alli then danced around on the floor acting like I hadn't let them out of a cage in a year and then we headed home.

On Saturday Chris, Carrie, Carlee and Cydnee brought donuts (I do love donuts) over and they all had a good time playing together. It's so fun to see them interact and how crazy they are about each other.




This is a picture of Alli & Cydnee.










This is Carlee playing the piano.










I then had a successful late night drive home on Saturday with both the girls falling asleep in the car (once the pounding rain stopped) and put them in bed.




This is a picture of Alli getting ready to go to "Mom and Me" gymnastics. I just thought she looked cute as can be.

1 comment:

grandma to girls said...

Alli really did look as sweet and cute as can be in that picture. But all of my granddaughters are beautiful. But, I'm not biased either.

Love,
Mom O