Saturday, July 21, 2007

We made it to 10 years!

Well folks, that's right, Michael and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Thursday, July 19th. It's hard to believe 10 years has gone by so I guess what they say is true in that as you get older time goes much faster. In that 10 years, we've lived in an apartment in Tulsa while I was a paralegal at a law firm and Michael was an auditor for the now out of business, Arthur Andersen. We then moved to our "first house" in Springdale where Michael continued auditing for AA and worked at Tyson. It's so funny that during that time "before children" Michael and I would get in the strangest arguments and it's clear to see that children have made us a lot less selfish. However, don't get me wrong, we still have our share of doozies but in the end, it's all good which brings us to the time Meredith was born. Now, let me tell ya, it is a little stressful to have your husband decide he wants to work for the family business and decide to commute to work an hour away while the wife is big and pregnant, sell your house, build a house an hour away, in the meantime living in a cramped apartment in Springdale while I worked until Meredith was born. How nuts was that? But, we made it through it and looking back I think how blessed we were to even be able to sell and let along be able to build a new house. Anyway, that brings us to Dyer (outskirts of Alma) where I stayed at home with our oldest. We then decided it was to much of a hassle to live that far from work so we then sold our house by owner in two weeks (oh yeah, did I mention I was pregnant again?) and then find another house in the Fort quickly. Well, that brings us to the present along with our baby Alli's birth and we're still in the same house! I guess if I don't want to move then I don't get pregnant (not planning too). So, we celebrated the past ten years with a big trip in March and went to Doe's Eat Place (excellent steaks for those who are not familiar) on Friday night. Hmmm, I wonder what the next 10 years will have in store.

No comments: