Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fourth of July



I'll just start this saying that I forgot my camera for the big Fourth of July celebration at Tom and Patty's. Oh well. I guess I'll just copy Leigh Ann's idea from her blog and put some past "patriotic" picture or pictures (whatever I can find) on the screen.




We had a great time celebrating our nation at Grammy and Papa's this year. They had a pretty big shindig (sp?) with swimming in their new swimming pool, great food, and great fireworks. They had several of their good friends, Becky, Patrick, Zach and Will along with our family, Roger, Trish and Jedidiah and friends of Becky and Patrick. We were all grateful that the rain stopped that night so we could actually go outside. (Personally I've decided all of this rain is a plague and I'm fully expecting locusts and frogs soon. We also need some good 100 degree heat coming around, if you know what I mean.)

I did learn one interesting thing about Trish though that night and that was her fear and possibly hatred of frogs. During the fireworks display (thank you Michael, Patrick and Roger) I was walking back towards my seat on the driveway and all of a sudden I heard a loud scream shouting "Watch Out Jennifer!" or something along those lines. Immediately I thought that a firework was coming straight towards me so I my stomach kind of did a little flip. Then, once I gathered my wits about me, she mentioned something to me about not stepping on a frog (I guess technically it was a toad). Anyway, as you can imagine a big relief came over me and it made me laugh. I don't know if Trish found as much humor in it as I did. I have a feeling this won't be her last run in with this type of creature since her son did not exhibit the same type of fear that she did.




1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

sounds like you guys had as much fun as we did! I would have to agree with Trish!