Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 6th Weekend

I was just informed by my sweet friend at work, Leisa, that it was time for me to update my blog. So, here I am, doing what I'm told, as usual, updating my blog so I guess I'll write about this past weekend.

I worked Friday and met Trish and Holly that night at Holly's favorite store, TJ Max. I then went back home and went to bed (yes, I know it doesn't get any more exciting than that).

Saturday was a pretty good day. I took the girls and we met Michael at the mall for lunch at the Food Court and then Michael took the girls on home and I headed to the Dillard's 30% of Clearance sale prices (can't beat that!). I looked at swimsuits (depressing) and got Alli some new shoes and Meredith some new kindergarten clothes. By the way, if anyone knows the dress code for FSPS please let me know. Are they strict on kindergartners? My main concern is sleeveless shirts. That's as about as "risque" as it gets in this household. Anyway, later that evening Michael's cousin's daughter, Hannah, came over and babysat the girls so we could go out to eat and to a movie. We went to Chili's (thanks to a gift card) and, unfortunately, I picked the movie "1408". UGH! Can I just say that no one should go see this movie if you want to have an enjoyable movie experience. I was in the mood to see an exciting movie and saw that this movie received good reviews. However, it was just disturbing. I have a feeling that Michael will want to pick the next movie we see (probably in about 6 months or so).

I guess now I'm up to Sunday. Can I just say "extended session"? Those of you that go to our church know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, "extended session" duty means it's your turn to take care of a preschool class during the main church service and the schedule rotates every 2 to 3 months or so. Well, it was our turn to watch the 2 year old (Alli's class). There were 11 of those little ornery critters. Keep in mind that my daughter is one of the orneriest of all so I say it with love. Needless to say Michael and I were so glad when the church service was over and we managed just to have one child with a fat lip (victim of a toy run-in). Believe it or not I did take my camera with me but we were so busy trying to keep the children from hurting themselves or others that I did not have time to take any. So, you just have to take my word on it. After Alli and I took our Sunday afternoon naps, we headed over to a couple's house in our Sunday School class for a class social which was a lot of fun. The girls had fun playing outside and Alli made a complete mess of a chocolate ice cream cone and we had to hose her and borrow clothes before we left.

Have a great week!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

hey, there is no real problem with any kindergarten's clothes at FSPS schools. Only if skirts are too short, which I know you want have anything to worry about that!

Anonymous said...

Lots of Kindergarten girls wear sleeveless shirts. Lots of non-kindergarten kids do, too! Meredith will be fine!