Monday, July 16, 2007

Last Week at Work

Monday, July 9th and Tuesday, July 10th were bitter sweet days for me. Those were my last two days at the Marshals Office in Ft. Smith. I have worked there the past year and a half and have enjoyed almost every bit of it. The office was sweet enough to throw me a going away lunch party on Monday and brought in lunch and a yummy cake. They also gave me a gift certificate to a day spa which is so awesome! I agonized over going to work in the first place after staying home for 3 years after Meredith was born but things seem to fall into place and it looked like the Lord was providing a good situation for us. However, recently childcare became more of an issue and Michael felt strongly that it wasn't worth the hassle so it was with a heavy heart that I gave them my notice. I do look forward to the future and staying home with the kids again. It will be nice to spend quality time with Alli like I did with Meredith when she was younger. I plan to break Alli of her closet pacifier sucking and get her potty trained this summer as well. Meredith starts kindergarten in the fall and I hope to get involved in her school so the future looks bright as well.

Leisa and Holly - I plan on visiting you gals often at the office so you don't forget about me!

No comments: