Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend of June 22nd.

Well, I don't really know where to start with this blog entry. This past week was a pretty normal routine. On Friday night, my friends, Melissa and Trish, and I headed to the hospital to see our friend Jennifer R.'s new little baby Molly. Let me tell you that she is just adorable. She weighed in at 7 pounds and 3 ounces and was a little over 18 inches. She had quite a head of dark hair too! Her father Mike has really blond hair so we were all quite surprised. Jennifer seems to be doing well after having to undergo a C-Section. Then, of course, Melissa, Trish and I took advantage of the fact that our husband were watching our kids and headed to Books a Million which was fun. I did purchase two diet/health books - Body for Life for Women and The 5 Factor Diet. I have already read part of the Body for Life book from when I checked it out at the Library but I have a hard time getting books read before it's time to return them so I bit the bullet and bought it. I heard about the 5 Factor Diet book from watching my prime source of news, Entertainment Tonight, and heard that Jessica Simpson lost 20 pounds (like she needed to) by using this diet so I figured if I did it I would look just like her so I bought it! Now I just have to read them and implement it which is the hard part.

I guess if you've read Leigh Ann's blog you've seen the pictures and know that we celebrated Melissa's 30th birthday with a surprise birthday party on Saturday night at Emily's house. This was a lot of fun. Just think, I had two nights out without the little ones, unbelievable! I generally think Melissa was surprised and she got some great cards from the gig as well. It's great to know what wonderful Christian friends I have to count on in times of need and great fellowship. I was quite surprised to learn from the party that a lot more people read my blog than just 3. I honestly thought that just my mother and possibly my sister read it. Apparently our church friends have developed this intertwined web of blogs that leads from one blog to another and we often read blogs of people we don't even know. I also installed a "hit counter" at the bottom of the screen (I stole idea from Emily W.) which has been pretty neat to watch as well. So, I know the pressure is on to keep this puppy updated and halfway interesting.



Speaking of interesting, Trish e-mailed this picture of her little boy Jedidiah and husband Roger (I'll let you guess which ones they are) along with Darren McFadden and Marcus Monk. (Yes, Trish this is Marcus Monk after Holly and I compared his picture to others on the web. Yes, Michael I give you credit for noticing this first.) Anyway, if you are not from Arkansas you probably don't know that Darren was the first runner-up to the Heisman Trophy this year and they both are part of the Razorback football team. I also thought that by including this picture along with the famous players name that I would get a lot more hits on my blog and it's really all about the counter now, isn't it?! Yes, TU friends I am still a Golden Hurricane fan at heart and would always root for the Golden Hurricane over the Razorbacks any day but I do cheer for the Razorbacks second.

Okay, now I'm going to talk about my job. As most of you already know, I'm resigning from my Asset Forfeiture position in the Marshals Service as of the week of July 10th. I must say that I really loved this job and loved what it entailed. Basically, when a government agency such as the FBI or DEA seize a vehicle due to a drug bust, etc. I'm in charge of selling it once a judge has filed a "Forfeiture Order". For some reason I have always been fascinated with law enforcement so this lets me participate in a non-dangerous way. I also find it exciting to know that I assist an agency that "tracks fugitives" and also heads up the "Witness Security Program." Anyway, if this sounds like something you'd be interested in, the job is for 3 days a week (MWF) from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Holly.

That's it for this week kids!

Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The counter is up to 115!!! See, we really do care about what you write :) I enjoyed spending the weekend with the girls. We need to have girls night more often. I'm not sure that our husbands would agree though

Melissa

Leigh Ann said...

wow, lucky Jedidah! I bet they looked even bigger in person. I guess the street clothes is what tricks us, I didn't know who they were until I read it.