Wednesday, June 13, 2007

06/13/07

Hello again friends and family (at least probably to the three of you that actually read this)!

I must say that I had a pretty great week. Meredith and Alli have both started gymnastics and enjoyed every bit of it. Meredith is taking on Tuesdays evenings with her friends Allison and Addy from her dance class and church and they are loving it. I am taking Alli to a "Mommy and Me" class on Thursday mornings which she is having fun with as well. I did this with Meredith when she was Alli's age and I think it will be nice to have some fun time with just Alli as she is the second child and doesn't get as much of it as Meredith did, obviously.

I have cut my work down to two days a week (Monday and Wednesday) until my resignation around July 10th. At that time I will be staying home with the kids full time again. I am sad to leave my job, which I love, and the people, which I love, but I am also looking forward to spending more time with the girls and being able to take and pick-up Meredith everyday from kindergarten this Fall (can you believe that?!)

My sister and I also made the trip to Branson on Friday and we returned on Sunday afternoon. I met Staci and my parents and grandma at the AQ Chicken House (yum!) in Springdale on Friday. Let's see, can you say "shopping"? Yes, we shopped and shopped which, of course, I always find delightful. On Saturday morning we started to Silver Dollar City but we went the way that everyone else in the world goes instead of the back way and we gave up and turned around. We then went shopping yet again at Branson Landing and went on the Showboat Branson Belle that evening. I think Staci really enjoyed it even though it's usually an "older" crowd on the boat. We did see the most bizarre thing from the boat on Table Rock Lake. There was a volkswagen bug that had been converted to this strange boat contraption with a motor on the back. Staci is supposed to be e-mailing me the picture she took and as soon as she does, I will post it (hint, hint Staci). That night we played miniature golf and we tied! I guess the Lord was trying to keep us from fighting.

I even think Michael and the girls had a good time while I was gone. He took them to Chuck E. Cheese's on Saturday and stayed 2 1/2 hours. He said that even Alli was asking to go home. I found that pretty amazing.

Well, I guess I'll go now. Alli fell asleep about 7:30 p.m. on the way home from "Grammy & Papa's" house and I'm really hoping she sleeps all night. Knowing my luck she'll wake up about 11 p.m. ready to go like she just had a great nap. Update: She just woke up, at least it's only 9 p.m.

I wish you all well!
-Jennifer

No comments: