Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hot Springs/Magic Springs/Father's Day Weekend


We had a pretty exciting weekend. On Wednesday night Michael asked me what I thought about us heading over and staying at his Uncle Alan's condo on Lake Ouchita and going to Magic Springs over the weekend. I thought it sounded like a great idea so away we went on Friday around lunchtime. First of all, we are so grateful to Alan and Jan for letting us stay at their beautiful condo with a beautiful view of the woods.


When we arrived on Friday afternoon I didn't feel too great due to a cold virus and Michael watched the girls while I took a long nap hoping I would recover enough to survive the amusement/water park the next day. Friday night we (Michael) grilled steaks and had a nice evening. On Saturday morning we headed out to Magic Springs which is about 45 minutes from the condo. The girls rode a few of the kiddie rides and in the meantime I'm sweating buckets due to the 99% humidity. I talked Alli (my risk taker) into riding the log ride with me which was fun. I was afraid she would chicken out as we got closer to the front of the line but she was ready and willing. Meredith wouldn't even get in line for the ride because a loud noise made by a splasher contraption by the ride scared her before she even made it to the line (she's not my risk taker). Anyway, Alli even enjoyed the big hill that we went down on the ride and the big splash. I was even kind of surprised she wasn't a little bit scared. We next made our way to the big waterpark which is attached to the amusement park. This was definitely the girls favorite part of the park. They had a couple of pools for little ones with water slides on each and they thought this was pretty neat. They also enjoyed riding on the rafts with us on the lazy river. Anyway, after we went back to the condo we drove around the lake and got to see 3 young deer which was neat for all of us. We headed back home on Sunday morning.

That evening for Father's Day we headed to Michael's parents house and enjoyed a nice BBQ dinner with his family and Becky, Patrick, Will and Zach. I am so grateful for having a husband who is such an excellent father as well as a wonderful father and father-in-law!

Talk to you soon!
Jennifer

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

loved the pic and what a great weekend for all of you!

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn, we miss you all!! Today the neighbor kids left a soccer ball in our yard and i told carlee we needed to throw it back to their yard because they would be looking for it, and she said no that she was saving it for meredith. Its amazing how those little minds work! Love, carrie