Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soccer Fun





Meredith and cousin Will have started playing soccer this Fall. This is Meredith's 4th season, I believe, and it's Will's first. To Will's daddy's dismay his team was assigned a light pink jersey. If you read Patrick's blog you are probably already aware of this fact. However, it doesn't seem to bother his team, "The Wrecking Crew", very much which is good. It was so fun to watch Will play because he just had the sweetest smile on his little face the whole game and seemed to be just having a ball.

Meredith had her first game of the season on Saturday and the name of her team is the "Dynamite." She even scored one goal which was fun and I believe they won both games even though they don't "technically" keep score. Let me tell you, I am so impressed with the drastic change between this season and last season. For one thing, Meredith is now old enough to play with all girls which I think makes a difference. They also call it the "Academy" approach where all of the girls actually drill together one night a week and then break off into their different teams. Their teams then have one night of practice together and scrimmage other teams the last half of the practice. All of the teams have two games which are 30 minutes each and all start and end together from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Saturdays. The girls are actually learning positions, passing, etc. and Meredith is loving it. It's wonderful exercise as well. I think I need to be out there running drills with her but I'm usually running my own drills on the sidelines hanging out with Alli.

1 comment:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Sounds like Meredith is having fun! Dan would be appalled to have his boys in pink...what were the organizers thinking :-).