Monday, September 22, 2008

Carlee's 4th Birthday

My niece Carlee's 4th birthday is on Tuesday so we headed over to Broken Arrow to go to her party on Saturday night.  The party was held at Lee's Feedstore off of 11th and County Line in the Broken Arrow area.  Carrie's parents own the store and this party kicked off the "Party Barn" business which her parents are also starting.  It was so cute.  It definitely had the cowgirls them with various games that included fishing for magnet fish, roping cow horns, and doing the Cotton Eyed Joe in order to get your cupcake.  All of the kids were given a cowboy hat along with prizes for each of the games.  It's a great party place for both boys and girls.  Oh yeah, we also went on a hayride which was really neat too.  There were also animals that the kids could pet such as a miniature horse and mule, goat, chickens, and bunnies.  I'm sure the  bunnies were quite relieved when it was over since they were constantly being picked up by 3 and 4 year olds.  I know I would have been happy to get out of there if I were them.  Anyway, we all had a super time and if any of you are interested in getting more information about the party barn, just let me know and I'll get someone in touch with you.  Below is a slideshow of the party.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention it.  I actually met a blog fan.  Isn't that exciting?!  Her name is ShaRhonda and she is a friend of Carrie's which is how she found out about my blog.  I, now, know of a new blog to follow and I've included her blog title on the right which is "The 4 Crows."  I look forward to seeing ShaRhonda at many more birthday parties.


On a side note, I just had to include pictures of the little book we got Carlee for her birthday.  This is the second book I've ordered from them like this.  The first book was for Cydneee and it was a Dora book and this book was an alphabet book.  I order them from Shutterfly and they are  just the greatest gifts, even if I do say so myself.  We just laugh and laugh when we read them and I feel they are something to keep and the kids will always enjoy looking at them, even if they've "outgrown" them.  I will worn you that they are not cheap but for a special birthday or Christmas gift they are great.

1 comment:

amy said...

so cute! kids love to look at themselves! we have a couple of "look at me" books with the kids as babies. hilarious! i'll have to check these out. love the speed skating!