Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Gran!

My brother's birthday in August officially started "birthday season" for us and I'm running a little behind.  Anyway, my grandmother's (Gran) birthday was on Thursday, September 25th and she turned 92. For those of you that don't already know, she is a newly wed and has been married to Dency for a little over a year.  My grandfather passed away a couple of years ago and they had been married almost 70 years.  She knew Dency from high school and when he found out my grandfather had passed away he came a courtin.'  It's a neat story and she does seem happy which makes all of us happy too.  She wasn't feeling too well on her birthday so I'm hoping she'll start feeling better soon.  I have great memories of she and I spending Saturdays shopping and just spending time together.  I wished I lived closer so I could spend more time with her now.  I believe I inherited my love of shopping from her.  I love you Gran!  (Doesn't she look fabulous?)

3 comments:

Sisters said...

She is too cute...I love her "love" story...awesome!
AJL

Roger Lightner said...

They are too cute! I love it. So, often older people don't really get the opportunity to enjoy this season of life,and I hope I am like your grandma when I am that age. - Trish

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Your family is so blessed! What a wonderful story.