Monday, May 26, 2008

Just when I thought it was safe.

Well, my little Alli just continues to amaze me.  On Thursday night she managed to find some scissors (childrens scissors) and take them in her room and cut her fitted sheet along with the mattress pad on her bed.  You know, the thing about it is that she knows full well that she shouldn't do it.  However, she just can't resist the temptation and I feel like she thinks it worth it even if she gets in trouble, no matter how stiff the punishment.  She is definitely a boundaries pusher (not drug) and it drives me batty sometimes.  Then, this evening she goes into the bathroom (which she's allowed to do since she's potty trained) and managed to climb on top of the cabinet and reach up and stick her finger in the empty space in the light fixture where there is no light bulb.  How do you child proof and foresee this stuff happening?  Luckily she was fine and just "shocked" literally.  I remember my little brother doing those types of things so I guess it's not completely abnormal.  So we stuck a light bulb in the empty slot but I think she learned her lesson the hard way.  It's like she doesn't believe us when we warn of such things and she thinks she wants to try it out anyway.  UGH!

Now here's a pretty funny story that happened over the weekend at my folks' house.  My sister-in-law cut the girls hair (out in the backyard, of course, in true Oklahoma fashion) and when she was done with the water bottle my brother grabbed it and started squirting the girls.  So, as I'm sitting in the den with my grandmother Alli comes inside and she is all wet.  She then proceeded to tell me what happened and headed straight for the bathroom.  Well, she then comes out again and asks where the stool is.  I told her that it was outside so she went out and retrieved the stool and brought it back in to the bathroom.  I then go in there and ask her what she was doing and, of course, she replied "nothing."  So I then noticed she was filling up a little Dixie cup full of water so I asked her again what she was doing and she said she was going to get Chris.  Well, me being the good mother I am suggested that I get her a much larger cup and fill it up for her, which I did.  I then coached her to take it outside and act like she was drinking it so he wouldn't be suspicious.  So, needless to say, the duty was done as she flung that cup of water on his legs and everyone broke out laughing.  Hmmm.  I think I'm seeing where she gets her personality from.  However, I did find it quite impressive that a three year old could come up with the scheme in the first place.  Aren't you?

This is a side note, you have to check out my brother-in-law Patrick's blog and look at the pictures of my nephew Zach.  Apparently he's allergic to penicillan (sp?) and boy does he look miserable.  YIKES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that Alli! What a character!

Melissa

Jenni said...

Oh, you make me afraid of what is to come with Ian. Very, very afraid.