Thursday, May 8, 2008

Awana Awards Night




This year was the first full year that Meredith participated in the Awana program at our church and she had a great time.  For those of you that are unfamiliar with Awana it is a program for elementary school ages that meet once a week and they work their way through a book which includes memorizing scripture, behaving at home, etc.  It's really great.  So, last night we went to the end of the year awards assembly and were surprised to see Meredith win the Merit award for her little kindergarten class.  She received a medal and got to go up on stage so she was thrilled.  I also added a cute pic I took of my friend Melissa's son Drew who is in the "Cubby" program.
I have another good story for you as well about Alli (imagine that).  My friend Trish and I went on a little shopping getaway trip over the past weekend so Michael had control of the girls for Saturday and Sunday.  He told me that on the way home from church on Sunday morning he asked the girls what they wanted on their biscuit lunch (nutritious I know).  Meredith wanted peanut butter and syrup (Michael's specialty) and Alli said she would show him when she got home.  Well, after they got home Alli went to the refrigerator and pointed out the mayonnaise and said that's what she wanted on her biscuit.  He said "are you sure" and he made sure she didn't think it was icing.  So, needless to say, Alli had biscuits and mayo for lunch and even asked for more mayo on it before she was finished (YUCK!).

2 comments:

Sisters said...

Hey, Drew-Bear!
Your girls are precious, Jennifer.
AJL

Leigh Ann said...

Addy, came home saying that Meredith she deserved it, but I wanted the spirit award... in protest she claims it was rigged. I think she has been watching too much idol! anyway, I laughed at her, and then I said we should be more humble about awards and everyone is honored when they read God's word. she didn't get it, but I tried!