Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chris' Birthday Party


Saturday was a pretty action packed day for us, girls. We headed over to Broken Arrow just for the day for my brother, Chris', 29th birthday party. My girls are always up to going to a party and we left daddy here to install a new kitchen faucet during his alone time. I must say that the trip over there was pretty terrible. About the time we got to Sallisaw Alli started hollering for her "blankie" which I forgot (not a smart move on my part). I thought, of course, that she was so tired that she would get over it and fall asleep but, that wasn't the case. I think she pretty much cried/fussed non-stop for the remainder of the 1 1/2 hours in the car. I then proceeded to a Broken Arrow baby store and quickly purchase a blankie of the same brand to get us through for the trip home later that night. Things were looking much better at this point. We then arrived at my parents house to find my grandmother there by herself and she said that my mom had to take my dad to the Urgent Care place for the pain in his shoulder blade (which he has bad back problems which are the root of all evil). So, we got to spend time with her, which was nice, but it was too bad we didn't get to see my parents while we there because they decided to send him to the hospital in case it was his heart. It wasn't, thank goodness, but you know how it is in the ER and he didn't get to home until about 8 p.m. that night. (So, please keep him in your prayers in regards to his struggle with the pain in his back). Anyway, at 5 p.m. we headed over to brother's in-law's house to the party. They have a swimming pool so the girls got to swim with their cousins, Carlee and Cydnee, which they loved and also got a pool side hair trim (gotta love that). I, of course, forgot my camera so when Carrie e-mails me some pictures I'll post them.

Meredith's first week of school went really well and no complaints from her! She was even okay with no talking in the cafeteria. I guess since she doesn't know any different, it's no big deal.

1 comment:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

I still can't believe that there's no talking in the cafeteria! I'm glad she's enjoying it. Adam starts preschool next week. I don't know who's more excited - him or I.