Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thursday, Friday, & Saturday

On Thursday, Meredith and I dropped Alli off at their Grammy's house (Patty's) and we then spent a few hours together, just the two of us. We first headed to the Olive Garden where Meredith loves plain spaghetti and butter where I noticed several patrons enjoying her spaghetti eating style almost as much as I do. She doesn't want me to cut it up because she likes to pile as much on her fork as possible and then hold the fork up in the air while she sucks off each piece of spaghetti one by one. We then headed to a nail salon to get a manicure and a pedicure. I was a little nervous at first as far as how she would react since she has never set foot in a nail salon but as I suspected she absolutely loved it! She just ate up all of the attention (just like her mom does) and the nail lady even put little flower stickers on her big toe nails and each of her fingernails. I must say she felt quite like the big girl that day. Following our nail care we then headed to Hallmark for her to get another Webkinz (not that I enjoy playing on the computer with them as well, or anything) and we then headed to her new school. I wasn't able to go back with her to her screening but from what I understand they just showed her pictures to identify and other little games like that and she did great.

On Friday, I dropped both the girls off at Grammy's house (gotta love that Grammy) and went and tried "Dinner with TLC" out. A friend of mine at church highly recommended it and a couple from our church also opened a "Pass Your Plate" in Bentonville so I thought I'd try it out. If your not familiar with the process, basically you just sign up for several meals and you go to the location and they have all of the ingredients there, cut and ready, for you to put together several entrees and then you take them home and freeze them. I was quite impressed and I hope to be going once a month to this lovely and convenient place. Today we tried the Stromboli and we were quite impressed. I highly recommend it. Their website is www.dinnerwithtlc.com for the Fort Smith location. For those of you in Tulsa and Northwest Arkansas, their website is www.passyourplate.com.

Saturday, the girls and I just hung out while Michael was working (anyone else notice the 100 degree heat?). Michael's cousin then came over Saturday night to watch the girls while we headed to the movies. We saw the "Bourne Ultimatum" and were quite impressed. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone that enjoys lots of action. It was nonstop.

Well, I'm heading to bed. Good night!

No comments: