Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School!








Well, we made it! Today was the first day of school for Meredith and she loved it!! I asked her what she liked about school today and she pretty much mentioned everything - recess, snacks, (I like her first two) 3 walks, her teacher, swinging, etc. You get the point. I feel so relieved and I appreciate your prayers! I must say she looked quite stylish. (I've included pictures of she and teacher and some of her classmates as well.) Neither her nor I shed a tear either which was a bonus. I was so relieved to see how excited she was to be there. There was one little boy in her class that just cried when it was time to go in and it just broke your heart (along with his mom's). However, he looked like he recovered quite nicely when I picked Meredith up so that was a relief, especially for his mom.

After dropping Meredith off at school, Alli and I headed to her gymnastics, ran errands, got lunch and she fell asleep in the car. It was a hallelujah moment so I could rest as well since the night before was rough. Alli woke up at 3 a.m. screaming then Meredith woke up at 4:30 a.m. and came and got me as well. I then laid down with Meredith and waited for her to fall asleep so I could make it back to my room with the alarm clock so I wouldn't oversleep. I could tell she was a little nervous about school because it seemed like it took her forever to go to sleep.

Another day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went good for both of you! She looks so cute and grown up :)

Melissa S.