Sunday, March 15, 2009

Twilight - I can hang out with the cool kids now.


Okay Staci, Jenni, Emily, Leigh Ann, ShaRhonda etc. I can now say that I have succumbed to the pressure and have started reading the Twilight series and I'm completely addicted. I must admit that up until about halfway through the first book I would think occasionally that it was truly ridiculous but by the last quarter of the book I was completely enthralled and forgot about it. I'm now on the third book which I broke down and bought at Books a Million today. No, I have not seen the movie but it comes out on DVD this weekend so I'll try and rent it in the near future. I know these books are popular among the "tween" age group but I don't know if I'd want my preteen to read them or not. It's not that the language is bad, it's not at all (there's a couple of words towards the end but that's it) but the electricity between the two main characters is quite powerful. Ugh. I dread it when my daughters are interested in these types of reads and movies but I know those days are coming. I guess it's best to be informed though about what the kids are up to these days, as much as possible, and that's what I'm trying to do. 

I also want to wish my sweet niece, Cydnee, a very happy third birthday. We all headed to Broken Arrow yesterday to go to her party and we were about half a mile away from the place and Meredith threw up in the car. So, apparently, she caught the awful bug I had earlier in the week. We then had to skip the party and head home as she threw up in a bowl all the way home. Lovely. Michael is now nauseous and not feeling well but hopefully his sickness will stop at that. Alli is our lone holdout and hopefully it will stay that way.

3 comments:

Trish said...

WOW!I am impressed you had a bowl in the van. Gives me something to think about. I might need to add one to our car....you never know..

Jennifer said...

No, no. We had to stop by my parents' house first and get a bowl and then head on out of town. I left that little detail out of the story. I'm certainly not that prepared.

Jenni said...

Jen Jen--As if I could adore you more...now you are my sister in Twilight!! Don't you now feel that you have made it. Made it, meaning, that not only are we Facebookers AND bloggers, but we've completed our belief that we are still young adults by reading the books from their shelves. But if loving Edward is wrong, I don't wanna be right. And, I give you an amen and hallelujah that until a girl can understand what being grounded in your faith and being completed by Him and not him (Edward), it would be a faulty lesson for a young lady (don't envy your mother-of-girl future in that area). SO great to see you all yesterday!!! What fun and what amazing girls are raising!!